Iyoba Idia Mask Stud Earrings (Sterling Silver)
- Not just jewellery – an expression of real African culture and heritage.
- The design featured is of one of the most iconic pieces of 16th century African art.
- The likeness is of Iyoba Idia – an African Woman, leader, warrior, and inspiration.
- These earrings makes a real statement. So does the wearer.
- These bring Edo & Nigerian heritage to everyone's attention.
- Ethically made in the UK.
These earrings are cast in Sterling silver. Size: 2cm (h) x 1cm (w). They celebrate the phenomenal Iyoba Idia who hailed from the Kingdom of Benin during the 16th century (now in modern day Nigeria).
Small pieces making a big statement. These earrings are a modern interpretation of one of the most recognised pieces African Art-work- the Iyoba Idia ivory pendent mask. Most likely created in the 16th century, it dispelled the myths that African art was by any means primitive. It sent a clear message that African art was well capable of being just as sophisticated, or even more so, than European art.
Iyoba Idia - warrior, politician, spiritual leader, adept politician, and protector of the Edo people. She was also known as the "The Hidden Oba" and remains a giant of true leadership. For more information see: