- Contemporary African art decorations for your home
- These cushions feature an original painting by Nigerian artist Kosisochukwu 'Kosi' Nnebe.
- Representation matters – in the home too.
- Make a bold statement about art and African heritage in your home.
- Ethically manufactured- sweat shop free.
- The cushions are double-sided with designs on front and back.
- Large-sized 45 x 45 cm
- Cushion materials come in two options: a) 100% cotton, or b) Faux Suede
- NOTE: Only the cushions cover is provided. Cushion inserts are available online or from local homeware/DIY stores.
The featured image is an untitled original and empowering painting by Nigerian artist Kosisochukwu Nnebe.
Better known as Kosi, she is a first generation Nigerian-Canadian visual artist. Born in Nigeria, she moved to Canada where her multicultural upbringing manifested itself, in part, through the adoption of franglais and a long-lasting love for Nollywood movies.
She is also the creator of Coloured Conversations - a multimedia project combining visual arts practice with critical social theory. Inspired by the work of countless Black feminist intellectuals and artists, ranging from bell hooks to Lorraine O'Grady. The project's vision is to inspire others to challenge, reinterpret and redefine notions of race and gender within society. Coloured Conversations believes in the power of art to facilitate a process of self-determination and self-actualization.
For more information about Kosi and Coloured Conversations: http://www.colouredconversations.com/