- Not just a T-shirt - this is original wearable contemporary African art.
- It features true original art by Nigerian artist Kosisochukwu 'Kosi' Nnebe.
- The portrait of the Black Woman featured on this garment, deserves attention..
- Empowered: It puts an image you don't see every day right out there - front and centre. Representation matters.
- This is garment and the art make a REAL statement. The wearer provides the signature.
- This garment is ethically made - sweat shop free.
- Classic medium-fit t-shirt
- Comfortable fitting with a distinct shape.
- Mid-long length with a medium fit, and with generous stretch.
- flexible style for men or women
This T-shirt features an untitled original and empowering painting by Nigerian artist Kosisochukwu Nnebe.
Better known as Kosi, she is a first generation Nigerian-Canadian visual artist. Born in Nigeria, she moved to Canada where her multicultural upbringing manifested itself, in part, through the adoption of franglais and a long-lasting love for Nollywood movies.
She is also the founder and owner of Coloured Conversations - a multimedia project combining visual arts practice with critical social theory. Inspired by the work of countless Black feminist intellectuals and artists, ranging from bell hooks to Lorraine O'Grady. The project's vision is to inspire others to challenge, reinterpret and redefine notions of race and gender within society. Coloured Conversations believes in the power of art to facilitate a process of self-determination and self-actualization.
For more information about Kosi and Coloured Conversations: http://www.colouredconversations.com/
100% combed cotton ethically produced t-shirt with an exceptionally fine finish and comfortable finish.